Army: Finance and Accounting Officer
- Led the 2nd Maneuver Training
Command to achieve the lowest error input in the 87th Maneuver Area Command for
each year as a finance officer.
- Performed as the Division Mobilization
Finance Officer to the 155th Armored Brigade during Operation Dixie Thunder in
support of Operation Desert Shield/Storm.
- Oversaw the successful conversion
of the 412th Engineer Command from the JUMPS (Joint Uniform Military Pay System)
to the JACS (Joint Automated Coding System).
- Wrote Annex R (Resource Management
Annex) to the 412th Engineer Command Operation Order.
Petroleum, T. Van Associates, and Owner, Hood and Company Accounting Services
- Prepared timely monthly financial statements for small businesses and non-profit
- Performed timely and accurate daily cash management, accounts
payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and purchasing, individual and corporate
tax preparation, bank reconciliations, and budgeting functions.
- For a
50 + million dollar revenue division, reviewed and established proper valuation
of balance sheet accounts, reconciled monthly multiple bank accounts, posted monthly
journal entries and prepared monthly financial statements
Division of Medicaid and Director, Division of Program Integrity, MDHS (Mississippi Department
of Human Services)
- Completed desk reviews and field audits on hospitals,
long-term care, FQHC, RHC, and home health agencies Medicaid cost reports.
the FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Centers) and RHC (Rural Health Centers) audit
- As Director, Division of Program Integrity, MDHS increase the
number of audits conducted on federal grant awards from (2) to (92) in the amount
of $270,033 to $9,493,033, increase felony fraud convictions from (1) to (12)
and increase administrative hearings for public assistance clients from 2,094
- As Director, Division of Program Integrity, MDHS responsible
for providing security, traffic control, and water disposal on sites for (23)
declared disaster counties which represented 186,765 individual households for
emergency food stamps after Hurricane Katrina in a month time frame.
of Accounting Degree|
University of Mississippi
|Awards:||(3)-Army Achievement Awards
(2)-Army Commendation Awards